Friday, July 31, 2015

Fancy Fox

I am working on my very first quilt. I am making the Fancy Fox pattern by Elizabeth Hartman. 
I have all my blocks cut out and now I have to finish sewing the blocks, then figure out how to sew all the blocks together to form the front. 
Then comes the REALLY tricky part of the actual quilting. I have my cotton batting, 505 adhesive and my basting pins ready to go! 
I think I will stick with an easy straight line quilting (since this is my first) just to get the feel for it. 
Then comes the binding...that will be fun! At least I'm starting with the baby size quilt. 
The middle fabric is for the backing and the stripe at the back is for the binding. I think I will cut a block or two from this Hello Bear fabric up front to put on the back of the quilt. Which animals should go back there? Raccoon, bear, deer, fox, oh my!

2 comments:

ShareThis