Thursday, August 20, 2009

New Beginnings

Today I started the South Beach diet. My best friend and I decided to do it together (even though we live 2 1/2 hours away from each other). Just knowing you have a friend to suport you and feel your pain is enough to keep me going.
When I weighed in this morning the scale told me what I had suspected to be true- more weight gain. It might have something to do with apple pies, brownies and Sam's pizza, but I am not sure.
The hardest part is eating out, which of course happened to me on my first day because a vendor came to visit.  Sure, I can order a chicken salad. The issue is the dressing. I ended up with a non-fat ranch. It was fine, but I felt like I was cheating on the diet already because I am sure it had sugar in it. Someone needs to invent the olive oil/vinegar purse flask for all the dieters in the world. Only the fancy restaurants even offer the option of olive oil/vinegar, and we were not at a fancy restaurant...we were at a BBQ joint. At least I resisted the urge to eat my usual pulled pork plate with baked potato salad and cole slaw. Still had the diet coke though, the book said it was ok.
Tonight will be grilled chicken and a big salad and bubble water to drink, followed by sugar free jello!
Wish me luck! We will see what happens tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis