I was given an easy, delicious turkey burger recipe by a co-worker and love it so much I thought I would share it with you.
1 lb ground (organic, grass-fed preferred) turkey
1 cup panko bread crumbs, toasted
1 Tbsp butter
2 Tbsp Grey Poupon mustard
1 Tbsp ground Parmesan cheese
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Melt butter in a non-stick pan on medium heat and add Panko. Stir and cook until toasted.
2. Add toasted Panko to ground turkey, mustard and Parmesan.
3. Mix with your hands until combined and form into patties.
4. Grill on medium-high for 4 minutes on each side.
5. You can add a slice of provolone or Irish cheese and allow to melt once burgers are done (as I have in the photo below).
6. Add your toppings and bun and enjoy!
*Note: I have started adding more mustard and a little more Parmesan cheese and find it tastes that much better, but if you want to stay on the calories indicated in the Nutrition information, please stick with the recipe allocations or be sure to adjust the per serving calories.
Serving Size = 1 burger
Calories = 262 (without cheese topping or any fixings or buns)