Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Oatmeal Banana Cookies

I walked/jogged a 5K with my best friend and husband at the first of April (2013- I know, I have been working on posting this for too long) and at the finish line they had some oatmeal banana cookies and they were stunning (they were already out of bananas so I went for the next best thing- banana cookies)!
I decided then and there I needed to find or create a recipe. I don't care for nuts, and I didn't want raisins to detract from the delicious banana flavor, so I came up with my own recipe.
The ones I had after the 5K were a little bit crispier, but most of my friends and family prefer softer cookies, and these deliver. I hope you enjoy!

Oatmeal Banana Cookies
Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp soda
1 tsp cinnamon
3/4 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup mashed bananas
1 3/4 cup old fashioned oats

Beat butter and sugar together.
Add vanilla and beat well.
Add flour, salt, nutmeg, soda, cinnamon.
Mix well.
Stir in oats, bananas. Mix well.
Drop by spoonful on ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake 12-15 minutes in 350 degree Fahrenheit oven.
Cool 1 minute on sheet.
Remove to wire rack to cool.
Enjoy!

Nutritional Information:
Serving Size = 24 cookies
Calories = 154

Note: Later I tried this recipe again and have added raisins. They are SO good! Of course with the addition of raisins the calories would be a little more, depending on how much you add.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis