Wednesday, July 16, 2014

What's-on-the-Needles Wednesday

Normally on Wednesday nights after work I go down to my LYS (local yarn shop) and knit till 8pm. I didn't make it tonight- I am very tired. Instead I came home and made dinner and started searching through my yarn stash for the perfect yarn for a project for my mom and dad. 
I want to make mom a scarf and dad some felted slippers. 
I found the perfect yarn for my mom, in fact I was thinking of her when I bought it, but I still need the perfect pattern.  
I have lots of yarn I can felt for my dad, but not sure I have enough to make a good looking pair of slippers so I might have to get yarn for that. If he wanted periwinkle or aqua slippers I'd be covered but I don't think that will work. I already have the perfect pattern for him. 
Before I begin these projects I am making sure I finish my fingerless gloves 


and my hat to go with them 

I have not finished either, but I just started the gloves last week and the hat over last weekend so I don't think I'm doing so bad. 
Once I have finished these I can begin the scarf and slippers! I always enjoy starting a new project. Especially for a new pattern I haven't made before. That's why I am looking for a good scarf pattern that I haven't already made. I have worsted weight yarn but I don't want it to be too bulky. I will be searching Ravelry for the perfect pattern. If you have any suggestions please let me know. 
Tata for now and happy knitting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis