Friday, November 20, 2009

Blog World- I love you




I have been following a lot of blogs lately and this week I came upon something that has me so excited!  I had seen a lot of TtV pictures and loved them, but didn't know how on earth you achieved the look. That all changed this week!  I found a blog about the Be Present Retreat in Manzanita, OR.  When we lived in WA we would go there for vacation, so you can imagine that alone sparked my interest.  But then I started reading and they have craft and photography workshops.  The one I was interested in was Through the Viewfinder.  The teacher is Andrea from Portland, OR and the workshop sounded amazing!  I followed links back to her blog and found out that Through the Viewfinder is TtV photography!  OMG!  I spent a while following her links to blogs about TtV and how to make your 'contraption' and so forth.  Let's just say that I am going to be totally hooked on this and I bought my first Kodak Duaflex IV camera on Ebay yesterday.  Here are a few links in case you are interested or curious. Blog on!



Through the Viewfinder Blog
TtV Flickr Pool
Andrea's Blog, hula seventy
What is TtV?
Squam Art Workshops
Squam TtV Flickr Group
TtV tutorial by russ morris
russ morris' JPG article
PDF contraption template


What is TtV?

Through the Viewfinder photography (TtV) is defined as taking a picture of any subject through the viewfinder of any camera with another camera.

The bottom camera or viewing camera must be in one piece as its original intention, a camera.
Color and contrast manipulation is commonplace but not essential.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis